Google analytics

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Green job anyone?

turbine on fire

Remember our politicians touting that bird mincers wind turbines would enable a plentiful supply of green jobs. Well if you’ve got one, expect to have to find a new one shortly, well away from anything green.

Vestas Wind Systems, the largest manufacturer of wind turbines is now feeling the crunch in the real world of economics.

Last month, the company announced it would lay off 2,335 people and it has already slashed its 2012 earnings forecasts twice.

Then again if you were stupid enough to believe in this scam. Tough. I certainly won’t weep for those who have jumped onto the green gravy train, only to find the wheels have finally fallen off. We all have choices. Some of us see, that If it looks to good to be true, then you can bet your arse that you’re going to lose out. FE’s simple law of life.

5 comments:

  1. You know I used to say anything that did not stand on its own 2 feet without a subsidy wasn't worth investing in. So I didn't. But then I had another look last week, we are looking at solar panels. It seems even with the Feed In Tariffs going down to 21p/kWh we can still get a return of about 8% for an outlay of £10K. I think it's time to get a bit of money back that I have been paying out for myself. But you are right it looks as if the green s**t is on its way out.

    Daedalus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daedelus.

    What they don't tell you is the through life maintenance costs.

    My post some time ago.

    http://niklowe.blogspot.com/2010/08/on-bag-of-fag-packet.html

    Maybe I'm wrong. I am an an engineer that has had to quantify through life costs on projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Persistent, isn't he, this spammer. He must think you have a big fan base in Thailand! :¬)) Bet he hasn't had a hit yet from here. (Or from anywhere I'd imagine.)

    It's gratifying to see that people are finally waking up to the reality of the eco-loon approach to energy generation.

    Unfortunately, thanks to the Gores and Huhns of this world, we are probably committed to further multi-billions spunked up against the wall before we can get back to some sensible energy policies.

    What with call-me-Dave having long ago (hey, look how environmentally caring and green I am) invested in a mini bird-mincer on his house, I think it might take a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "What with call-me-Dave having long ago (hey, look how environmentally caring and green I am) invested in a mini bird-mincer on his house, I think it might take a while."

    The most hilarious thing about that is, he had to take it down as he hadn't obtained planning permission.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I didn't know that!

    Double dork.

    Dogmatism and stupidity seem to be prerequisites for government these days. God help us...

    ReplyDelete

Say what you like. I try to reply. Comments are not moderated. The author of this blog is not liable for any defamatory or illegal comments.