Google analytics

Wednesday 26 May 2010

Stress warning.

weir mill

They say that selling a house is one of the most stressful moments in your life.

Well. I'm in the process of selling a luxury apartment in an old Mill house. It has everything going for it. Complete with gently turning mill wheel outside the sitting room windows.

I actually had a buyer interested before the property went on the market. however he couldn't anywhere near match the asking price. Oh well.

A week after the apartment went on the market a buyer popped up, made a reasonable offer, and wanted a very, very, quick completion. Oh good.

No. Not so good. His survey has just come back with a tale of woes. Subsidence, rising damp (I would expect that, as the mill stream runs under the dining area floor!), and various minor other niggles.

Where the problem lies is that I am managing the sale for two executors, as I live close by. Trying to tie up with the executors, the estate agent, the resident's association, and the conveyancing solicitor, is becoming a real headache.

Am I stressed out? Well actually, no.

I stand to gain nothing from the sale and the recipients of the money from the sale have not lifted a finger to help. Why should I hurry?

Ho Hum. Time for a drink. I wonder if I can claim that as a legitimate expense?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like. I try to reply. Comments are not moderated. The author of this blog is not liable for any defamatory or illegal comments.