Google analytics

Thursday 26 March 2009

I've got to fly

Readers may know that I work for the Ministry of defence, and that occasionally have to go and do some work. ( Have I any readers? who cares?)

Anyway, I've to join my ship on the Island of Crete. Simple you would think. Oh no it's not, Not if you work for MOD.

If I was to book my own flight I would have a direct flight lasting 6 hours.

The MOD has arranged this:

Leg 1. Depart Heathrow 1710 hrs
Arrive Amsterdam 1935 hrs

Leg 2. Depart Amsterdam 2035 hrs
Arrive Athens 0050 hrs

Leg 3 Depart Athens 0550 hrs
Arrive Chania 0640 hrs

That's nearly 12 hrs to do the same journey. I cannot believe that's the cheapest option. Apart from the fact that I've got to hang around Athens airport for 5 hours in the middle of the night. I did that in Johannesburg a while back, no fun believe you me.

Mind you, they've contracted out our travel arrangements to a private travel firm.

Mmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like. I try to reply. Comments are not moderated. The author of this blog is not liable for any defamatory or illegal comments.